Overview of the Ship Design and Building Process
- Domenico PARODI;
- Ship Design Spiral.
- Application of Regulatory Framework to Design.
- Shipbuilding Process.
- Inspection and Test Plan.
- Meeting the Owner’s expectations.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Develop a high level understanding of how the design spiral is applied in practice.
- Understanding the importance of technical specification and basic design development specifically with ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations referenced in the specification.
- Overview of the commissioning, inspection and test plan for a ship newbuilding to indicate compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Understand what happens at deliver of a vessel with regard to ownership.
To be Determined.