Engine use and maintenance
Engine use and maintenance – Damage Analysis
Inspection at breakdown: Collecting the info from the site, Parts preparation and choice.
Surface damage evaluation: Wear mechanism, Corrosion, Fretting.
Component fracture evaluation: Fracture types under static overload, Fracture type under dynamic load, Fatigue fracture start point and stress concentration factor.
Engine use and maintenance -Injection System
Overview and Basics.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Understanding how to gain operating experience from used mechanical components, how to preserve evidence and how to avoid recurrence.
- Understanding of key technical points for damage characterization.
- Get a general overview of fuel injection system.
- Understanding of maintenance plan and hoe it is structured.
- Understanding what can be the issues in field and the possible reasons.
- ASM Metals HandBook Volume 11 – Failure Analysis and Prevention.
- ASM Metals Handbook Volume 13A – Corrosion Fundamentals, Testing, And Protection.
- ASM Metals HandBook Volume 18 – Friction, Lubrication, and Wear Technology.
- ASM Metals HandBook Volume 19 – Fatigue And Fracture.