Detection & Extinguishing
- Fixed Extinguishing system.
- High risk spaces.
- Local Protection.
- Portable Fire Extinguishers and equipment.
- Inerting systems.
The lecture foresees an industry testimony intervention of about 4 hours by TYCO Fire&Security (part of JOHNSON CONTROLS BUILDING TECHNOLOGIES & SOLUTIONS), a leading provider of security, fire detection and fire extinguishing and intelligence solutions and services for retail.
Aims and intended learning outcomes
- Understanding of the technical terminology.
- Understanding of the fire safety objectives and functional requirement to meet them.
- Familiarity with reference document: SOLAS Ch. II-2 Regs. 7, 8, 9 and 10 (systems and equipment covered, applicability) plus corresponding requirements in MCA LY3 and PYC.
- Familiarity of additional reference codes including FSS, FTP and LSA.
- SOLAS 1974 (as amended).
- Fire Safety System (FSS) Code.
- Fire Testing Procedure (FTP) Code.
- Life-Saving Appliances (LSA) Code.
- MCA LY3.
- MCA PYC.